The PhD programme in Public Policy allows candidates to pursue advanced original research on an approved topic with the aim of developing in-depth knowledge in a specialist area of Public Policy. The student will be expected to pursue structured, supervised original research into one of many Public Policy fields in which the Faculty has expertise.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide advanced knowledge through research in various fields of Public Policy.
- To enable students to gain specialist knowledge in Public Policy through original research at a doctoral level worthy of publication.
- To foster research culture and contribution to new knowledge in Public Policy.
- Submit a thesis on an agreed topic under supervision, in which the thesis shall not normally exceed 100,000 words.
- Undertake and successfully complete with a Pass, the following compulsory modules worth 12 modular credits:
- KP-6101 Advanced Research Methodology;
- KP-5117 The Madinian Polity: Visions of Islamic Governance;
- KP-5104 Policy Analysis.
- submit the thesis together with at least two (2) academic journal articles or book chapters, which must be from the candidate’s PhD research project (at least one of the academic journal articles and/or book chapters must be at the stage of accepted and the other(s) can be at the submitted stage). The candidate must be the first or sole author for all the academic journal articles and/or book chapters, and “Universiti Brunei Darussalam” must be mentioned as the student’s affiliation in all the publications.
Full Time : A minimum of 36 months, and not exceeding 60 months [3-5 years].
Part Time : A minimum 60 months, and not exceeding 84 months [5-7 years].
Intake : January and August.
*Entry requirements are subject to change from time to time, following approval from the relevant University committees. Changes will be notified accordingly.
If you have any questions please refer to our FAQ page.