The Master of Public Policy and Management (MPPM) is our flagship degree programme designed to advance a systematic and multi-disciplinary understanding of public policy and management issues, as well as nurturing the attributes of critical awareness, analytical skills, and leadership within a global, regional, and national perspective. The MPPM is an intensive 12-months programme with a unique learning experience; in the first semester students will spend their time in UBD, and later on in the final semester, they will be allocated in one of IPS’s Partner Policy Schools in the United States and Australia. These partner institutions include McCourt School of Public Policy, Georgetown University; School of Public Policy, University of Maryland; Sanford School of Public Policy, Duke University; and Goldman School of Public Policy, University of California, Berkeley; and Crawford School of Public Policy, Australian National University.
Students will also have an opportunity to do a one week study visit around government institutions, think tanks, international organisations, and other policy institutions, during their semester in the USA or Australia. Further information can be found in Study Visits.
Where to submit your application
Applications can be sent, along with all relevant documents, to the OASYS portal.
Please send in your application in good time. The deadline of submission will be available on the OASYS portal and any updates will be announced on our social media pages. The next cohort of the programme begins in August 2022, with a commencement at the end of July. Further inquiries can be forwarded to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your applications!
All applicants must fulfill certain requirements in order for their applications to be considered. These include:
- Normally an Upper Second Class Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline from the Universiti Brunei Darussalam, or from a university recognised by the Senate of the UBD, preferably with at least five years of relevant working experience.
- A Lower Second Class Bachelor’s Degree, with at least five years of relevant working experience, will also be considered for entry.
- A minimum English qualification at GCE ‘O’ Level (Credit 6) or IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550.
- A minimum qualification in Mathematics at GCE ‘O’ Level (Credit 6), or one “Pass” in a subsequent level Mathematics.
*Please ensure you provide us all the supporting documents when you submit your application, i.e. your English proficiency grades and certificates (such as TOEFL or IELTS transcript) as well as degree transcript containing information on Mathematics (or relevant subjects). Scanned copies can be sent in along with your application submission in the OASYS portal.
Where to submit your application:
Applications can be sent, along with all relevant documents, to OASYS.
Global Public Management
Economic Foundation for Policy Studies
|A semester spent in IPS partner policy schools overseas (including a one-week study visit), where students take optional modules (up to 12 MCs only)
Public Policy Analysis Project*
The Madinian Polity: Visions of Islamic Governance
*For KP-5113, students are required to register the module and begin their project right from Semester One. Final presentations will be conducted only in the Summer Semester. This module carries a total of 8 MCs and is based on individual project submission.
Optional modules offered at IPS:
- KP-5301 Political and International Context of Policy Making
- KP-5302 Managing Policy Change and Leadership
- KP-5303 International Relations and Global Development
- KP-5304 Global Health and Policy
- KP-5305 Socio-Economic Governance and Globalisation
- KP-5306 Energy Policy and Management
- KP-5307 Islamic International Relations
- KP-5308 The Politics of Climate Change
- KP-5309 Civic Engagement and NGO Governance
Study Trip Diary by Ms. Suhaila Matzan, Cohort 3 alumnus
California Dreaming in University of California Berkeley by Nadiah Abu Bakar and Tuan Badrul Hisham Tuan Jusoh, Cohort 4 alumni
If you have any questions please refer to our FAQ page.