The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a graduate school of Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD), which was established in 2013. IPS specialises in unique niche areas of Public Policy, Public Management, Islamic Governance, and Energy & Environmental Policy and Management. IPS offers both taught and research degree programmes that are catered for local and international students with diverse academic and professional backgrounds.
The Institute’s mission is best captured in the following: “To produce top policy graduates with the best leadership qualities, equipped with excellent foundation of knowledge and marketable skills, who will make a real difference to their nation, society, and the wider global community”.
IPS’s core value and aims:
- Teaching high-quality graduate degree programmes and to produce students of the highest calibre, with the ability to build on their transferable skills and put them into action.
- Produce focused and self-motivated students, and achieve trained, marketable, leaders in applied key Policy areas and processes.
- Advance research on mainstream and specialised Public Policy areas.
- Strive for active participation of both academic members and students in producing robust and reputable research publications.
- Strengthen network through domestic and international institutional and professional collaborations.